Saturday, February 20, 2010

"The Whole Story" Jan. 2010

So it was in the late summer of 2004 that I met a certain Elder name Elder Gebhart.. I could remember when I answered the door in full long-john set... can you believe it... Yes, top and bottoms! I was so embarrassed, especially opening the door to two young men ,one of who I thought was really attractive. I later became really good friends with Elder Gebhart, who use to come by my house to teach my less active Dad the gospel and teach other people he wanted to bring over my house... He also would stop by when he was near the area... Since the first day I saw him I knew there was something about him I couldn't get over...I didn't know what it was then....
After Garett finished his mission we still kept in touch... We would email and call each other once in a while.... Then he was gonna come and visit me back in California but we didn't end up meeting up like we had planned.. Due to miss communication lets just say..... Months had passed and I was getting ready to serve my mission... I was super excited and I knew that this was something I need to do before I would get marry....
I remember posting something about me serving a mission on myspace and Garett had sent me a message telling me he was going into the army. I wasn't to thrill to hear that he was gonna join and I remember distinctly telling him please don't join. Something inside wanted me to tell him don't join cause what if we date in the future but I didn't tell him anything ... He probably would of thought I was crazy telling him that we would date in the future. Anywho he joined and I was getting adjusted to the real world from being on my mission.


I was later in a relationship and after breaking up with him... I was kind of disappointed of how thing went down... I kept the faith though and began to pray for someone like Captain Moroni to date and marry... I was tired of dating these dumb guys and I was thinking, for sure I was gonna marry an ugly guy... lol.. Then I adjusted my prayers and asked for someone that was like Captain Moroni but that I would find attractive and who I can marry. After praying for a couple of weeks then suddenly on facebook I got a friend request from Garett Gebhart... I was like no way.. could it really be him... I thought... And to my surprise it was and I was shocked to see he wasn't married yet... I thought for sure he would of been married... Anywho we exchanged phone numbers and we began talking again... After several months of talking everyday I decided to ask Garett.... So what are we? And he answered saying well you're my girlfriend and I said really?? You haven't asked me to be your girlfriend yet... Then he said was I suppose to ask and I said yes... he then answered saying well tell me how I should ask you.. Then he asked me and I of course said yes!! Its funny cause during the time we were talking I just felt like I kept on falling more and more in love with him... Then I went to go and visit him and I had prayed before I saw him that I would get a peaceful feeling confirming to me that I had the Lord's approval on dating him. And when I saw him at the airport that peaceful feeling came over me... I was so thrilled!
Then after many visits we wanted to get married and time was coming close to Garett's deployment.. So we just did it! And we got married in Kentucky... We have plans of getting sealed in the temple and having a little reception when Garett comes back from deployment...
And now I am patiently waiting for my husband to come back from deployment so we can get back to where we left off.. I love Garett Andrew Gebhart jr. with all of my heart and I pray that the Lord will protect him and guide him. I'm so proud of him and so proud to be a military wife... Its the hardest job I've ever had to do .... And I will gladly do it to support my husband in his righteous desire in protecting and serving his country...I know it takes a lot of sacrifice from both of us and we are willing to do it for the protection of our families, for the freedoms we enjoy, and for all the liberties we now enjoy... Now I just ask that if you can say a prayer to keep all those soldiers safe especially for my husband Garett.... Thank You!!

5 comments:

  1. Asi es! Tan Tan! LOL. My prayers are with our husbands and our troops. Bring them back safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy! That is a beautiful experience! You sound so happy to be with him! I am thrilled for you! What a special time it will be to be reunited! May this adventure be an incredible one for you guys! Congratulations!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It seems like your paths kept crossing becuase you guys were definatly meant to be. I am so, so happy for you both! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much!!! It's amazing how God brings two people together, huh...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails