Thursday, February 25, 2010

"One Month Anniversary"


So its exactly 1 month that we've been married.... I can't even believe it... when I'm with Garett it feels like time stops and there's nobody else but us... I wish he could be here so we can celebrate this together but he's out fighting the bad guys to keep this country safe for all of us... I love him so much and just the other day I was thinking of all the wonderful memories we've had together... from the day we met to the day we got married.... I just look forward towards more wonderful memories to come... Even if he's far away for now we do share wonderful memories right now as we write and talk to each other thur email and phone calls.... He maybe physically away from me but he will always be in my heart...

"Here's a sweet poem I dedicated to him"
The Heart of a Soldiers Wife

Wish I could show you what I am feeling ...If I could open up my heart this is what you would see.

You my darling your smile within me...A love so deep and precious I find it cuts like a knife.

To the left are memories of days we spent together in the sunshine...The days of hiking in the most beautiful and special of places...Laughing together oh what a treasure...Sharing our thoughts of what we desire in our future. Explaining our pasts to find the answers...Memories of nights together sharing our love and passion wanting this to last

into forever. Arms out stretched for miles each time we came close. Smiles so tender I could see to the ends of the earth.

To the right you will see if you look close enough a tear or two for thee.

Tears of joy for how I am blessed to have you in my life. Tears of sorrow for

I miss you more than words will unfold. Fears of what could happen fears so

deep and wide sometimes it feels as if they cut right thru this heart of mine.

Faith in God to protect you in this dangerous world you see.

So many feelings squeezed in this small heart.

How does it all fit so tightly? You see all the heart can hold for you within

me.

Just beside the tears are joys untold. Joys of days we will have when you

come home.

Imagination of what we shall do and the hours of talking about the days we

endured.

When all these are shown you will know

that deep in my heart is my

Love waiting to behold.

My Darling soldier never doubt

I am here waiting for you to come home.

Then we shall explore our hearts and fill them even more.

On the edges all around is pride for what you do.

My Soldier My Husband I am by your side. Prayers fill up the center for you

to be always safe and God guide your each and every step along the way.

This my soldier is a wife's heart opened for you to see while you are out

fighting

for your family.


I love you Garett Andrew Gebhart jr..


3 comments:

  1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU BOTH!

    Hang in there sis, you just started I know but just like your celebrating your month anniversary--the month that he's left will go by too. I love you.

    That is a sweet poem! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thank you so much sissy!!! I miss you and love u a ton!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait.....what? Cyndi, your married? When did this happen?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails