Friday, March 5, 2010

"I am the wife of an American Soldier"


I am a supporter of the United States Army an encouragement for the protectors
of the greatest nation on the earth.
Because I am proud of my husband
and the uniform that he wears,
I will always act in ways creditable to him,
the military service and the nation he is sworn to guard.
I am proud of my husband.
I will do all that I can to protect
and provide for my family in his absence. I will be loyal to my husband and to the vows
that we made as we entered the covenant of marriage.
I will do my full part to carry on the values and goals we have set apart for our family and I will continue to instruct our children in the same manner.
As a soldier's wife,
I realize that I play a vital role in my husband's decision
to become a member of a time-honored profession
that I am doing my share to keep alive
the principles of freedom for which my country stands.
No matter what the situation I am in, I will never do anything, for pleasure, profit, or personal safety, which will disgrace my husband, his uniform or our country.
I will use every means I have to encourage my husband
to be the best soldier that he can be.
I am proud of my husband, my country and its flag.
I will fly the flag and will always remember the sacrifices made by my husband
and by generations of men and women that have served our beloved country.
I will try to make my husband proud of the manner in which I accept his decision to defend my freedom and the freedom of all American citizens.

I am the wife of an American Soldier!


1 comment:

  1. okay so I don't have children yet but that will be in the future... I read this poem and I liked it so I decided to post it!! Hope you enjoyed it!!! Hooah for all the soldiers and their wifeys!!! May the Lord Watch over all our Soldiers!!! Love u Garett!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails