Saturday, March 13, 2010

"March's Blood Drive"


So last Sunday I made a friend at church and her name is Rachel... We were getting to know each other during Relief Society. So we decided to both sign up to donate blood for the blood drive our ward was hosting... The time came around and we went... I was a little worried I wasn't gonna be able to donate because I thought my iron level was low but to my surprise the guy that attended me said I had a really good iron level and that I was really healthy... I was so happy to hear that..

Before going to donate I called the red cross to see where my blood would be going... I asked them if I could have them send my blood to a soldier or a child that needed it. Unfortunately they don't decide who gets it...I am willing to give my blood to who ever needs it but I wanted to dedicate my blood to the troops that are fight hard for us... I have the universal donor blood type so anyone can receive my blood...

Although I didn't know where my blood was going, I'm just so grateful I am able to help someone in need... I'm not posting this to get credit from anyone. I'm just posting this for my husband to see what I've been up to... I bet he must be wondering what I do while he's in Afghanistan... Don't worry honey I am faithful and true......

After donating I felt weak but I felt good to know that I helped someone ... So if you ever get the opportunity to donate blood .... Go For it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails