Monday, January 3, 2011

"New Year Resolutions"

Every New year we seem to make a list of our Resolutions but do we follow up with the ones we made last year? I've been thinking about this a lot. I had posted up on my wall some goals I had set last year and I must say I did achieve some of them. It made me happy to see that my list wasn't all in vain but this year I'm gonna try to make little goals to help me reach my bigger goals that take time to reach. Sometimes when we look at all the goals as a whole we can get overwhelmed and discourage that's why I decided to make little ones to help me reach the bigger goals.

See my ultimate goal this year is to embrace the happy moments and don't let the hard or sad moments drag me down. I know this is a big goal that is determined by my everyday mood and attitude. Sometimes in life you can't help but go through rough experiences and those experience helps us grow and learn. But we also have to take the time to feel it and then let it go and move on. One of my little goals that will help me with my ultimate goal is reading my scriptures or reading uplifting things that will help motivate me to have faith and trust in Our Savior. So that's was just a brief example of using the little goals to help reach your bigger goals.

Here comes the List... Oh how overwhelming.... lol
(* = Ultimate Goal)

* Embrace happy moments and don't let rough or sad moments get me down
1. Study the scriptures and internalize them
2. Serve others
3. learn to communicate better with my husband
4. get rid of debt
5. get physically fit and stay healthy
6. laugh more often
7. Don't over analyze things before getting the facts
8. get organized in home, school, work, etc
9. find joy in all the little things we take for granted
10. start a gratitude journal
11. Live the gospel of Jesus Christ, (reach spiritual goals)
12. get a job that I enjoy
13. work towards finishing my Bachelor's degree
14. work toward pursing my career in the dental field
15. take time to do things I enjoy
16. don't beat myself up for things I fall short of, but get up and give it another shot!

I know this list can go on if I don't stop myself.. lol. Any who I'm gonna break these goals into smaller ones that I can work on daily so that at the end of the year I can look back and feel accomplished.

Let this year begin!!! Bring it!!! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Great goals Sis! I'm glad to see the optismitic YOU come out. ;) This year will be your year! And like you say embrace each day, each moment and just love your life!

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too sissy!!! Thanks for the advice... I need to take it day by day and step by step... I know I've hit lots of opposition so I'm hoping for all the blessings to pour out somewhere... And if they don't come till later I'll be patiently hoping for them to come my way... There can't always be storms in life there must also be rainbows... I'll hold on to all the rainbows I get my way!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails