Wednesday, January 5, 2011

1-5-11

Today was just another ordinary day with exception that my husband called me. Which made me really happy to hear his voice. Usually after 10am I look at my phone and think, he'll call me tomorrow, at least hoping inside. And to my surprise he called me today... I was reading my goals list from my previous post and todays has been one of those days that I just need to let go.

After talking to my husband on the phone I just wanted to cry because I miss him so much but I kept telling myself be strong don't cry let it go. I know last year was rough for me and this year I really wanna be and feel happy, not to say I wasn't happy but completely happy. Now I say this because my husband is deployed. No matter what I do my joy wasn't complete because my other half wasn't here to enjoy these happy moments with me.
I know some of you don't quite understand what its like having your husband deployed but embrace every moment you get with your spouse. Challenges arises in everyone's relationships but don't let the problem be more important than the person you love. Just a few days ago I remembered something an old co-worker told me and that was put the needs of your spouse first and then they will want to take care of your needs. Along with that I've been thinking a lot about the words of Elder Holland and that was "Think the best of those you say You Love"... Those words have been helping me with some of my issues. Your mind can be a wonderful thing but it can also be your worst enemy if you let it. Another thing that I've been trying to do is pray to have bad thoughts removed from my mind. I'm not gonna lie there have been nights that I wake up crying due to bad dreams that felt so real. As a military wife you try to keep yourself always busy but you can't help not to worry about your husband at war. I carry my husband in my mind and in my heart everywhere I go.

My husband will come home in February. I can't wait for him to be in my arms again. I can't wait to wake up to him in the morning and cook him breakfast and finally share our own home together. I love my husband so much I wish he really knew how much. Distance and being in war has made it tough to communicate and I can't wait to actually have conversations with my husband without the phone static or the calls being dropped. A friend of my husband's who is also at war with him told me"if you feel like that, imagine how us soldiers feel without our wives and on top of that having to go to war." I can't imagine what my husband and other soldiers are going through all I can do is pray for them. That really hit me deep. And got me to think from a different perspective. I've been so involved in what I'm going thorough that I've neglected to see what my husband have had to endure and for that I feel so horrible. I've been so selfish and for that I am so sorry. This has been our very first deployment so this has been a learning process for the both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails