Saturday, June 27, 2009

"My Very First Rodeo"



After our ward BBQ we all drove up to Lehi to go and see the Lehi 's Round-Up Rodeo. I was pretty excited since it was my very first rodeo. I wanted to wear some cowgirl boots and a hat but didn't quite have time for that since I was rushing off of work to get to the BBQ.  My friend Rachel decided to drive us to Lehi with Jolene giving us the directions. I was just the front passenger  being the photographer....












Yeah, it took about twenty-five minutes  to finally get there. Luckily Jolene knew her way around Lehi and was able to get us some good parking for the Rodeo. The only thing we were worry about though was the weather. It wasn't too bad when we arrive, it was windy and gray. We were just hoping it wouldn't rain on us. 

Jolene in the back seat directing us

As you can see it was windy by the way my hair was all on my face.  Rachel and I took blankets just it case it got colder at night.  Looking at the horses, cows, and bulls reminded me of when I use to do service on my mission. We use to clean horse stalls and comb the horse's mane and give them love and attention. I was so tempted to ride a horse on my mission but we weren't allowed. And going to this rodeo reminded me of some of my investigators that took care of horses and were in rodeos. 


So there were several events, ones of which I was learning about. Jolene was the one who was teaching us about these events.  There was the Tie down roping in which they were timed to see how fast they could tie down a calf.  There was Saddle Broc Riding in which the horses would buck high and they were judged according to their style and how well the rider was able to handle it. Pretty tricky stuff.... Then there was an event that only the women did and that was Barrel Racing. They were each timed on how fast they could go around these barrels. 
Jolene and I decided to put on our hoods since it started to pour on us. Yes, it rained on us and were hoping it would stop and it did.


















The Next event was when they rode their dirt-bikes and made all kinds of tricks. It was pretty cool. I wish I had a better camera so these pictures would have turned out better but I guess that will have to wait. Yeah they made back flips and all kinds of fancy tricks... 






The Last event was the Bull Riding which was cool to see... 







Then after that we gathered our thing and drove home. I had a fun time although I wish Garett could have been there with me.



1 comment:

  1. Way cool pictures! It looked like fun. I am going to plan on going to the Clovis Rodeo next year ;) LOL. You have inspired me!! You sure miss Garett alot! :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails