Thursday, June 25, 2009

"Black and White"


So my friend Adrianna invited me to a black and white regional stake dance thing. I wasn't planning on going but I decided that we should go. Christina was having a rough day and so I thought this would be a good way for her to get her mind off things. I also wanted to cheer her up. And who knows maybe Christina could find herself a good lds guy. I on the other hand was wishing my boyfriend was there instead of out in Kentucky doing some military training.

When we finally arrived at the church building I ran into a few friends that were in one of my last wards. I saw Mariana and Edmundo. It was way good to catch up with them. We also met some of Adrianna's friends. Then we proceeded to dance in a circle like most girls do. It was way fun to just get our minds off our daily stresses and just get into the music. I love to dance and I just wish Garett could have been there to dance with me. But I'm sure will have time to do that when he comes to visit.                                                                                     
The music that they were playing was Bachata, Merengue, Cumbia, Reggeton, Salsa, and some durangense which isn't my favorite. They also played some random Hip-hop.

As we were dancing in a circle Christina was asked to dance with this guy from Africa. I was like "yes!" Christina is gonna get some numbers tonight... As I watched them dance Adrianna's friends were asking me to teach them to dance. One of them I think was from Asia and the other was from, I want to say Oregon. So I was showing them the steps to dance Bachata. Then it was about 11pm and I was ready to leave. I was so tired because I hadn't been home all day. I only went home to change and get ready for this black and white activity. 

The day went like this, work from 7am to 6pm then pick up Jordan from the airport. Next we ate at Cafe Rio and Jordan took off with his old companion from the mish. Jordan was down in utah for Lelia's wedding and he had asked me to pick him so I did as a favor. Then after that I went home to change for this activity. So yeah you can see why I was so tired and didn't quite make it to 1am. Plus I didn't want to get home too late cause I was looking forward to talking to Garett on the phone. Long distance relationships can be tough cause you can't see your love too often as you would like. So yeah that was my crazy Friday..... I was hoping Christina would have found a man but I guess it will have to be at another activity... The search to find Christina a guy is one of my goals. She doesn't quite know that so shhh don't tell her...  lol 









2 comments:

  1. That is a very good goal for Christina....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous my darling! Both of you hotties! I love your hair :) You are such a great friend sis! Christina is lucky to have you as a friend. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails